Thanks again, Magic Banana. I have been checking dmsg, but the thing is that all messages seems to me to be related to system initialization and not on shutting down. Is there any keyword or parameter I should look at in order to known what messages are specifically related to system shut down? I read in a post at Ubuntu forum that it was (something as) "killed". I have been searching for that and similar terms ("kill", "shut", etc.) on dmsg and other logs but cannot find any of those terms nor anything pointing clearly to system shutting down. Only thing I can imagine is that if there are no problems on shutting down nothing gets registered in dmsg but not quite sure I am right -in any case, correct system loading seems to be registered, so it seems weird to me that the same would not apply to system shut down-.