> Hello. I am very interested in free software & Trisquel, but first I
> need to be sure that, if I buy a wireless usb adapter support by a
> fully free operating system
> (http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/net/wireless/cards.html, or
> http://www.h-node.com/wifi/catalogue/en),
> would it be as simple as plugging it in while running the Trisquel
> Live cd and it automatically working?

There are few cards which need free firmware not installed by default,
atheros-firmware is one of packages with such firmware.  The h-node page
should state if it's needed for the device.

> Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I need to be 100% sure.

It's a common problem, and not very easy one.

Some cards have multiple version numbers, each with different chipset or
free software support.  Often it's not possible to learn which version a
card has without buying it.  I recommend choosing a card knowing that
it's exactly the version needed or that there aren't cards of the same
name and possibly different version not supported by free software.