I haven't added the device to H-Node yet, since all I know is that it doesn't work without the 7010 firmware - the device works if the ar7010_1_1.fw file is put in /lib/firmware/ along with the ar9271.fw file.

Therefore, if the 7010 firmware file is Free Software, the device can be said to work with Trisquel (just not out-of-the-box, since you need to hunt down the missing firmware file yourself).

If the 7010 firmware file is not Free then the device does not work with Free Software.

Does anyone know what the status of the 7010 firmware file is, so that we can add the device to H-Node correctly?