The Freerunner can work with prepaid SIM cards although I didn't have any luck dialing numbers that begin with * (which is needed in Israel to activate Orange prepaid SIM cards. Of course you can simply activate them on another phone and then put it in the Freerunner or get a prepaid SIM that doesn't require activation such as a Cellcom one). I use a regular 3G SIM card from Orange with QtMoko version 26 (2.5G worked when I tested it on other distros but since my plan provides very little internet I didn't see any point in configuring it). I should note that bluetooth isn't that great on the phone (some bluetooth headsets don't work) but does work for data transfers (one can also SSH to the phone to access files or transfer data via memory card). The neat thing is that you can simply zip up the files (using the command line zip utility) so if you want to send a lot of pictures via bluetooth you can simply send one zip archive instead.