By the way, I've been using kernel-libre 3.2 for the past few days, and I've noticed a considerable performance improvement in my older hardware. An old computer I have with an Intel i845 video device is now playing most HD videos reasonably well.

For example, the HD Ogg Theora video file (1280x720) of Louis CK's comedy special plays perfectly. No stuttering, no frame skips -- perfect.

Side note: Louis CK's website says you can opt for Ogg Theora format when you buy his comedy special, but I couldn't find a link to the file, so I asked the website maintainers about it. The way to get the Ogg Theora file is to go to the Stream page and view the source on the webpage. There, you'll find a link to a file with the extension .ogv. I used wget to download the file.