Mitja -

I am glad that you have enthusiasm for getting this card to work on your system, but the reality is that you will not get it working on a Trisquel system unless you force non-free firmware or buy a new card. No one here on this forum is going to help you jerry rig your system to make it work with non-free components.

Since you said that buying a new card is not an option for you, then you may be stuck. If it is critical to have a Linux OS on your system, I suggest just installing Ubuntu or one of its variants for now and consider Trisquel down the road if/when you get a new wifi card. You can continue to only use free-software on an Ubuntu system and say active in the communities. I've noticed with the newest version that non-free "restricted" and "multiverse" repositories are not enabled by default and you can keep it at that for as long as you like.

What I am saying conflicts with the ideologies around here, but it is better that he uses Linux in general instead of going back to Windows. Even if he only uses 1 non-free wireless firmware to get online and continues to support free software with it, then kudos for him. I've been in his situation before with wireless and it would be nice to know that that he doesn't get discouraged in the long run and continues to support free software and Linux in general.