Hi

I want to migrate from Ubuntu to Trisquel. However, my laptop does not have a wi-fi card supported by free drivers (Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 1000). Realistically, if I am going to use Trisquel, I will use a free but proprietary driver till I get a new laptop, and then I can check the hardware before I get it. In the meantime, I figure it is better to be almost completely free and start using Trisquel. To that end, does anyone know how I would find/install/use a driver for the wi-fi card.

Apologies if this offends people by going against the ethos of the OS too much. Also, preferably I would like to understand what is being done, so I could help someone else who has a similar issue but with a different card (I have no idea how much drivers vary and hence how difficult this would be).

Thanks