So do you have a recommendation? I would still say go forward with it for these reasons:

* You recommend the distro to 10 or 100 people. If only one person actually sticks with it that is better then zero. * Without advertising distros don't gain users. Without users they die. Again even if the the majority of users wouldn't be satisfied we should then go after the minority who would. * IMO our main source of (external) publicity currently the GNU list of free distros. I think we need to expand that and start recommending people use Trisquel in other forums.