Hi lembas,

that was on PartedMagic, a non-free distro which I use once a week because of the damn Adobe Flash Player® in which I got my lessons.

This option doesn't appear on Trisquel's LiveCD. My notebook's sound chip is an Intel Cantiga HDMI, and I don't know if there is 100% Free Software which could handle it 100%.

Alsamixer version is 1.0.24.2; besides, that distro chips with the latest kernel Linux's version, while Trisquel uses 2.6. I'd try it with Parabola GNU/Linux-libre LiveCD if (I) it chipped alsamixer and (II) I had Parabola installed in my dead notebook's HDD.