On 15/03/12 11:22, ch...@thinkpenguin.com wrote:
> I think if each Trisquel user donates 80k USD a year the project could
> easily move to Debian and retain the stability and remain up to date as
> Ubuntu is.
>
> Who is with me?

Sadly not I.  In reviewing my sub-poverty line income I have already
decided to forgo the coffee I had when out on my weekly shop so I could
pay for a FSF membership.  And also decided to pass on the benefit of
not being harrassed by drunks and youths in the Bus Station in my one
late evening trip that I used to travel by minicab home from so I could
afford the 10 € Trisquel monthly membership fee.

Non-members  think this is a piece of cheap emotional blackmail trying
to get them to join they'd be damned right.  But, that doesn't stop it
being true that you should put your money where your mouth is when it
comes to your principles and that the memberships are affordable even on
very limited incomes if you just make a little effort.

Go on non-members 5 € is two coffees a month in the UK.

Leny