Around the time of Libre Planet we were doing some testing with it and I wasn't terribly confident in the release. It seemed unstable, ugly, and there was hardware which didn't work (and should have). Rubén knew this, I knew this, and the decision to hold off on the release really paid off.

Until the other day I hadn't taken the time to try it out again. It is amazing.

1. Out of the box support for the hardware that matters (as I would expect)

HP Color laser / Ink Jet printers
 - out of the box support for printing
 - includes support for scanning on supported models

USB Wireless cards (RTL8187B, RTL8187L, and Carl9170 chipsets)
 - just work

USB CSR Bluetooth Cards (warning: not all USB cards with CSR chipsets work)
 - just work

Various Atheros PCI chipsets (not all cards neccessarily work though)
 - just works

USB Audio Chipsets Work (not all cards neccessarily work though)
 - CM119 just works

Intel's 3d graphics drivers work (can't say all cards work/chipsets work)
 - 3d acceleration
 - suspend to ram

2. Entertainment
 - Supports sites like YouTube out of the box

3. Fast
  - Really fast boot times
  - Trisquel 5.5 feels much snappier than most distributions based on 11.04

4. Looks good even without a 3D accelerated interface
  - Trisquel looks good without 3D acceleration
  - There isn't any distractions from unessarry visual effects

5. Stable
  - I haven't been able to get Trisquel 5.5 to crash once