You know from this conversation we are going to see a dozen or more people for the next several years go buy cheap nvidia cards that work well although provide no benefits or cards too new to work.

Anyway. I think we are mostly in agreement. The Geforce 8/9 are at least the cards at the moment one should be looking at. Some of the older stuff is even better supported. I think all of this though is misleading to those who don't understand the various implications and aspects of what they are buying.