I'm not being a troll. I'm just saying that there needs to be free software for essentials and tools but when its related to art, there is a line that is drawn at times.

I know in the free software way of thought, I need not only source code to computer software, but art as well. Its the sharing menality where I am entitled to be able to deconstruct any movie, song, or painting even though I didn't create it. True there are youtube remixes of movie scenes and parodies, but the free software mentality wants and feels entitled to the entire film stock of a film.

Back on the gaming, yes the games are run as software. Its just that the software is the unnoticed backend where the visual medium takes focus and we are more concerned about consuming the art. I know I'm running a program when I boot up Firefox. When I boot up a game, I'm booting up an interactive experience.

So this is the big problem with games. We have free software games and games built on licenced proprietary engines like the Unreal engine. The free software games are produced in the free time of others (if they even get released) while the licensing of engines is a big business and sustains and could say grows the industry becuase a smaller game developer can concentrate on the content instead of building an engine from scratch each time.

I think the biggest problem is that even if game companies used a free software compatible engine in a game like Call of Duty, that they would be forced to release the source code for the game. If they license the game from Epic or whatever, their source code would be safe and have the insurance of customer support and tools. Can't get that from these libre game engines.