Thanks for all the feedback !

True, a uniform mail might be rated as "spam" or simply be ignored although I doubt that a provider who receives multiple mails in regard to dropping flash will pay more attention if they are written in a more non-uniform way.

@Magic Banana: True, thanks for pointing out ! I am aware of GNU/Linux (= OS) versus Linux (= Kernel) but at least in my country (Germany) the word Linux simply equals the operating system. You will mostly never find GNU/Linux written somewhere even at specific webpages. Often you can be happy if people know the meaning of Linux at all: "Oh yeah...Linux...isn't this the free operating system ?" :)

So bear with me when I did not write GNU/Linux.