Yeah, thanks for the reply. I think I'll wait a few days in case somebody has some more insight and then go ahead and file a bug. Just to make the bug report as concise and to-the-point as possible.

I think it should just work as it is now but obviously it doesn't. Perhaps this has something to do with (virtual) package versions? Or do virtual packages even have versions? Or maybe the dependency is the package instead of the virtual package? I'm not familiar enough with the packaging scheme to make heads or tails of this. It's a bug all right but I can't put my finger on it. Then again, knowing the solution is of course not required for filing a bug! :)