Here is what happened when I tried to install vnstat.

It told me I didn't need some packages any longer. It also said that there was no verification. Then it said something wicked happened resolving the 'us.archive.trisquel.info:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname) IT failed to fetch some archives.

I don't know what is going on. Does it matter whether I use aptitude or apt-get?

This is the output:

sudo apt-get install vnstat
[sudo] password for yeehi:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  gir1.2-atspi-2.0 libbrlapi0.5 python-speechd liblouis2 python-brlapi
  gir1.2-wnck-3.0 python-louis python-pyatspi2 liblouis-data
Suggested packages:
  vnstati
  vnstat
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
Need to get 82.3 kB of archives.
After this operation, 315 kB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  vnstat
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Err http://us.archive.trisquel.info/trisquel/ brigantia/main vnstat i386 1.11-1 Something wicked happened resolving 'us.archive.trisquel.info:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname) Failed to fetch http://us.archive.trisquel.info/trisquel/pool/main/v/vnstat/vnstat_1.11-1_i386.deb Something wicked happened resolving 'us.archive.trisquel.info:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname) E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?