> With Trisquel, won't it already be paid for by Canonical since
> it is based off Ubuntu or will Ruben have to fork over $99?

If Canonical decides to do it like Red Hat, takes to sign binaries from
other projects unlike Red Hat (we use different kernel builds) and if
Rubén decides to make installation on systems using Secure Boot easier
(by not requiring to change a BIOS setting) instead of keeping
installation of custom kernels or modules equally easy as the system
ones.  I don't expect all these assumptions to happen.