One last thing to all those who are looking to volunteer. While I have no authority with the Trisquel project (that's all Rubén) I do have authority with ThinkPenguin (for those who aren't aware- I'm the CEO) and we are looking for a person to work on the web site. It's a paying gig that would absolutely benefit the Trisquel project.

Filling this "position" benefits the Trisquel project (indirectly):

1. Freeing my time means we can move forward faster on other projects (like getting chipsets supported, getting compatible hardware manufactured, etc), improving availability of compatible hardware in places that may be more challenging (countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and elsewhere), and organising/managing various little things (boring work, but it's not that bad) etc

2. If you have the time and not the money/skills/job this is a perfect opportunity to make money and pick up the skills needed to work in the Free Software world (Free Software Foundation, Trisquel, and others).

You can now become a donating member as well because you'll have a little extra spending money!

What we would probably do is setup a "learning environment". It might just start out with learning how to setup the infrastructure (can be done remotely), setup Drupal, upgrade Drupal, installing modules, and various pieces that go into running a web site. Then moving onto Ubercart (shopping cart software), tweaking, coding, etc.

This isn't really a small job. While we could probably use a full time person it isn't realistic financially (yet). It would probably be a while before one had the skills needed to really move us forward too if you are just learning PHP/Drupal/etc. It would probably be better for someone young and in school with at least 20 hours a week free.