> The computers sold by Thinkpenguin have a nonfree BIOS, because it is
> near impossible to get a computer that can use a free BIOS, say
> coreboot and uses a graphicscard that can use 3D acceleration with
> free drivers. When there is no choice, you just go with best thing
> available.

There is a choice of ignoring the problem or doing some work that might
make fixing it in future more probable.  Using machines with nonfree
BIOS and knowing that it's a problem that should be fixed and making it
affect the choice of newer machines is imo better.  (I don't consider 3d
acceleration an important feature for me.)

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the yellow-dot-problem only an
> issue for laserprinters? I recall reading that no yellow dots were
> spotted on inkjet printed documents.

It's known to be an issue of many colour laser printers, I don't know
any other printer with that problem.  (The ThinkPenguin ones aren't
called inkjet, although they probably are.)