В 22:38 +0200 на 17.10.2012 (ср), aliasb...@gmail.com написа:

> could be not as stable or worse, with a big security whole, but in
> general that could be solved quickly... no ?

Speaking for Debian, yes. For Ubuntu I don't know, because I've never
dealt with it. Trisquel as Ubuntu derivative is probably following its
life cycle for security. I think I've read once that the security
section in Trisquel is updated more often, but I can't link to the
source and don't know did I really read that. I suspect it is. Anyone
can point to or state the Trisquel policy about security repositories?

The other thing is, if one updates Trisquel on every release, the
chances are lower to have such issue fixed or not have it at all.