No instability here. I have gotten this weird thing where the graphics are all screwed up and there's an odd error message that repeats over and over when turning off the computer rather than the normal wallpaper image, but I'm pretty sure both of these are because of of the integrated graphics controller (from AMD) on the computer, because I never had these problems with the video card ThinkPenguin sells (during the time I had it; I had to send it back for an exchange a few days ago because it was bizarrely locking up the system after playing 3D games for a while).

On my mom's computer, I installed Linux Mint a while back (I chose that partly because I wasn't confident that she would be accepting of not having Flash, though in retrospect she doesn't really use non-YouTube Flash to begin with and there's this horrible sound problem that I gather is an LXDE one, so I'll see how well Trisquel works on her system some time, methinks). It does often crash, oddly enough, when the printer (an HP one) is turned off while plugged into the computer.