1.
Yes, it would be nice if Ruben would be more active around this community but that shouldn't affect users decision to donate.

Many users here emphasise on the future benefits of contributing to this project but I prefer to believe that my modest contribution goes as a "thank you" for the work that is already done.
Maybe users should also consider this when deciding to become members.

2.
As far as I know PayPal prevents both parties to find the bank accounts involved; wasn't that the secure part of using PayPal ? So, you'll reveal your real name and perhaps real address (I not sure if putting a fake address would be legal). Also, if you believe that your current user account has accumulated some negative karma, you can always create another one for the membership.

I don't know if the users who were in favour of punishing users who misbehave by publishing their email addresses, actually acted upon that; but I can tell you that I find that behaviour would be not dishonourable and would have a negative impact on the image of this community.