That is what I was thinking as the only distribution would be the download of the original file from the Ubuntu servers. The changes would happen soon after after apt installs Ubuntu and instantly the helper package alters the file.

You know how the flashplugin-installer package for Debian and Ubuntu works where the package itself pulls a file from a 3rd party and the flash installer itself isn't carrying the copyrighted material within itself? I am thinking along those lines where a Trisquel Firefox package pulls the .debs from Ubuntu.