If I would be an Ubuntu user and didn't care about software freedom then this would be awesome.

This database seems to be a good thing for Ubuntu but, alas, only for Ubuntu. How can any other distro benefit from it? Its hard, I think. Luckily there is H-node! Even non-free distros can benefit from it ("If it works according to h-node, then it should work with distro X too.").

So, this is some nice candy for Ubuntu users but otherwise not of much use. Maybe it can introduce more people to hardware support testing and when those people find free software and h-node...

Let's keep our hopes up.