As for the "Countries Under Surveillance" list, I would put Portugal and all the rest of the European and other Western countries on the list.

We are all under (heavy)[1] surveillance[2] on the West.

And, if you doubt it, try doing anything political.

Concerning "Tor", I urge you all to take a look[3] at what I've already written about it, in here.

(If you're trying to evade surveillance on some small country that is not actually a US/UK protectorate, then it might be of some use. But, if you're trying to hide from the Big Brother in the West, forget about it.)

---
1. http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=230234#p230234
2. http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=101456.msg603918#msg603918
3. https://trisquel.info/en/forum/how-use-tor-trisquel#comment-26792
---

P.S. - The comment form in here used to explain how to add code to our comments - but I can't find that reference below the text window any more. How can I know, for example, how to add hyperlinks in here?