I'd suggest going to exaile.org, and getting the sources tarball. There should be a text file, with dependences and such. Before building with the included 'Makefile', make sure you have the build dependencies, with
sudo build-dep exaile

Go back to the directory where you extracted the exaile files, and type 'make', without the quotes. If you wish to have the newly-built exaile as a Debian-style package (recommended), instead of running 'sudo make install', use 'sudo checkinstall', this automatically makes a Debian package, and installs the application. Note, you may have to install checkinstall from the package system.

Last time I did this, exaile didn't get automatically put onto the menus or associated with music. I opened the Main Menu utility and added the shortcut, in the Sound and Video section. You can make the file associations in Nautilus.

HTH,

Dave  Hunt