Before this thread get's too many replies..

I appreciate that you're willing to put effort into a project, but do you think this would be the best approach?

As mentioned above, you could possibly assist with Triskel.
I suggest posting here or asking in IRC how to get started.

When you have a few minutes, I also encourage reading the article from the below link, it explains Free Software(Free as in Freedom).
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw

Wish you well, and I hope you'll look into what I mentioned above.

Keep in mind certain comments could bring a lot of friction, be prepared for rebuttals and challenges of thought.

Cheers.