The success of this "attack" (if I may call it this way) depends on the absence of privacy and security measures in the target side, and also on his decision to share, or not, personal information over the Internet.

Frankly, my computer is not that secure, mostly because I'm not that experienced using GNU+Linux systems. But anyway, the Internet modem and router are close to me, one of them has a power button, and I can easy unplug or reboot them (to get a new IP address), if I so desire.

Also, I use GNU+Linux, and I have a live operating system ready inside one USB storage device, which makes it easy for me, not to recover, but to completely remove the previous system and install it again from scratch.

Just to mention that I don't keep personal data inside the hard disk devices, and most of it is password-protected.

Also, as I am an artist, I also keep the source files (for compliance with the shared culture licenses), but they are separated from my computer's hard disk device.

Despite not using Tor, Privoxy and Anonymouse regularly. I configured my main web browser to clear history, cookies, and etc. every time I close it.

I'm still somehow worried if my practices are good enough if evaluated by more experienced people. At least for me, they are.

Best regards, ADFENO.
Have a nice day.