Free software wise it isn't a problem and you can install the software needed with/on Trisquel as described elsewhere. The problem is/was digital restrictions. I forget if DVD boxes advertise this (I think they do) although most commercial DVDs use CSS (digital restrictions). The problem is with the US law. In the US thee is something called the digital millennium copyright act. It makes bypassing digital restrictions or informing others how to do so illegal.

I tend to suggest avoiding technlogy with digital restrictions. Be it online entertainment that use things like silverlight/adobe flash or CPUs that are enablers. It's less of an issue because the technology is broken in this case although it probably shouldn't matter. You should probably still avoid it.

We don't ship blu-ray drives for a few reasons. One the technology is dead. But two because we (I'm talking about ThinkPenguin) would rather not endorse digital restrictions. Especially when the technology doesn't work well on GNU/Linux or work well with free software.