Hi there!

I used to be able to suspend and hibernate on 5.5. I've got an old Radeon that needed nomodeset to use some UMS quirks. Now on 6.0 if I add the nomodeset boot parameter, I get a black screen at bootup and a hang immune to magic sysrq. If I try to suspend without nomodeset, it's like in 5.5, when resuming all I get is a black screen.

I've tried to fool around with radeon_combios.c to make it work in KMS but with no success. My best result here was a kernel panic when resuming.

I also compiled a custom kernel with Radeon's depracated UMS support enabled but the behavior is the same.

lspci -nn|grep VGA
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE) [1002:5955]

Any words of wisdom gratefully accepted.