There is more to this issue than just the US government's invasion of our privacy. The issue extends to companies such as Google, Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, and others.

They have an incentive to collect, track, and use the information for targeting advertisements, and potentially other purposes. For instance selling this data to governments.

I'm pretty confident that banks and other financial industries are already selling this private data to governments. I don't believe the government needs a warrant to buy this data from private entities. A company can legally give up information they have to an agent of the law without the law getting a subpoena or warrant (in the case you live with another whom then gives permission for a search). If the company refuses then a subpoena is needed.