That is...very disturbing. I guess I'd better check then: my processor is, according to the system details, an AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core. Is that safe? How do I know what processors are safe and which are not?

Having looked at the downsides of SSDs I'm no longer sure I want one. If they can die without warning, that really puts me off; their other disadvantage (price) is not a problem. I'm not sure ZaReason's or System76's SSD drives are any cheaper than yours — a 480 GB drive is actually $40 more expensive from them. What, then, would be the drive's lifetime (assuming both you and they are selling the same drive)?

Also, what on Earth are you saying about the Strata? Its specifications on the site clearly list its screen size as 15.6", it never claims to be an ultrabook, the photograph from the right side on its page clearly shows an optical drive, and if it is indeed out of stock the site is giving no indication of that (as far as I can tell without creating an account). Are you perhaps referring to an older version?