(Continuing discussion from comment #67) And that takes care of the Wi-Fi card problem, as that card is an option on the Gazelle Professional.

Having drawn up a comparison of the two models, I have found that a price of $374 extra for King Penguin I will be receiving:

0.5 pounds less weight
0.24 inches less thickness
Tux on the super key
A marginally better processor (or is it? They're so similar I can't decide)
One extra USB 2.0 port
A donation to Trisquel
An easily contactable, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable founder and CEO :)

(Having taken a really good look into SSD drives I've decided I want nothing to do with them until the technology to make them survive as long as HDDs exists.)

Meanwhile, the Gazelle Professional offers a numerical keypad, a wider left shift key (a personal preference), and a Kensington lock. Assuming your HDDs are 7200 RPM, all other specifications are identical. The sole remaining issue is the pre-installation of Ubuntu, which I have written System76 to sort out and can sort out myself anyway if necessary.

Have I missed anything about either laptop? As much as I'd like to do business with a company that genuinely cares about my freedom, I don't feel that the above features warrant $374.