There was this discussion some time ago. I think the majority of the people here are not extremists (me included). Extremism begins when people switch of their head and repeat one "holy" idea all the time.
I think there are some people here who are in danger of this.
Repeating all the time "proprietary software is the worst thing on earth, I will never use it or help someone to use it" is bad. Some things are worse than using proprietary software, but few people here might think only dying is worse and they feel proud of being "really hardcore". This does harm to the whole project.

Insisting on the term "Gnu/Linux" does not, because it's the right expression and you appreciate the idea of free software and the work of the gnu developers if you use it.

My father is using Windows and his few programs maybe for ten years or so; he's a non technical person and I have to accept that I will never be able to make him care about freedom in the software world this way that he will quit his job, for which proprietary software is indeed necessary; and I wouldn't want him to do so. So yes, I help him whenever he's in trouble with his software without bothering him all the time. And if someone thinks I don't care about free software or I'm doing harm to my father because of this, then I really don't care about his opinion, because this is what I meant: I'm facing the situation how it is, and I know it's the best way for me and my father. I would do more harm to him bothering him all the time and doing things he doesn't want to do.
And I really do care about freedom.
Acting otherwise would be extremism in my opinion.