I have a Thinkpad T500 and the built in wireless card is not compatible with Trisquel. I have been using a cheap-o linksys notebook adapter in place, and I can confirm that it works with free software if anyone else wants to use it:
http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-WPC55AG-Dual-Band-Wireless-Notebook/dp/B00008RUJM

My problem is that I don't like it because of the way it protrudes out of the side which makes it not fit in my backpack. For this reason I want to replace it.

My 2 options are:
1) Install the proprietary firmware-blobs for my built-in wireless card
2) Replace the built in wireless card

Here are my questions:
Am I allowed to ask how to install proprietary firmware here?
Is there a different WLAN card I can use that is compatible with Trisquel, and will fit in the same slot as my current one for the T500?

I know for sure I can remove the WLAN card from this video:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-72544
However, I am not sure where or how to find a replacement liberated WLAN card.