Hey cdupree,

i'm experimenting a bit with cloud software on my raspberry pi (found out too late about the non-free restrictions of it).
Owncloud was much too slow for my purposes.
At the moment I'm using seafile.
It is very quick and does everything I need.
But in my opinion, there is one disadvantage:
it has its own server, so it does not use apache by default.
I don't know much about server security, but I know it's very important; for apache, there are tons of tutorials how to make it more or less secure. I don't have any info about the "seafile server", so I don't dare to open up my ports, which is no final solution. Beside of this, I think it uses more resources if you want to run other apache applications;

You can try out sparkleshare if you like; I have no experience with it.