Per the link i posted above:
"MediaTek is very active in the Linux community, and provides source code for many of its client drivers to developers. You can find our LINUX DRIVERS and supporting information below"

Unless they are wrong then I did install a linux driver. Sure, a similar version may have already been integrated into the kernel, but that doesn't mean you can't install a driver/s yourself.

If any of the files were blacklisted then why didnt I get a message in the terminal indicating that I was installing blacklisted software? I didn't receive any error message from the terminal during the "make && make install" process.

"There is no download link on either of the pages you provided. Maybe the link is subscribe based (download is granted only after I provide my name and e-mail address)." It doesn't verify any of the input so you can put whatever values you want in it and still receive the download prompt.