GNU IceCat (not available in Trisquel repositories but in a PPA) is also lagging behind: the current packaged version is 17.0.1 whereas Firefox ESR is 17.0.7. I suspect the small maintenance teams (Trisquel, IceCat) have difficulties following Firefox's rapid release cycle. After all, an LTS release should be stable and receive only critical bug fixes and security fixes. How Firefox fits into that model with its monthly version bundling new functionalies, bug fixes, and security fixes, is unclear to me.