> 1. Having JS disabled by default makes you easier to identify (because regular people on the net use JS, and most people on Tor Network also use JS);

Where did you find this information? Link or something?

> 2. Changing settings in Tor Browser harms your anonymity

Yeah, a different issue. Doesn't mean disabling javascript harms your anonymity.

> 3. Having JS enabled for certain websites and disabled for others will also harm your anonymity

See above.

> 4. Disabling JS entirely would break most websites,

I never said they don't say *this*.

> 5. NoScript serves another purpose: defend against clickjacking and xss attacks;

Yes I agree and never said something different.

But I doubt they ever said it's a risk for your anonymity to disable javascript. I mean ok, one can recognize that you have javascript disabled and might be a tor user because of this. But how should they manage to find out really private things about you? I don't like the compromise they made anyway. A project like tor shouldn't make compromises when we talk about anonymity.
Many websites break, ok.
And a few people don't understand this. It's better they stop using tor instead of some people who really need anonymity are exposed to serious privacy issues.