The part_msdos and changing set root='(hd0,msdos1)' to set root='(hd0,msdos5)' didn't work. I guess that the root partition has to be the boot partition for the menuentry for some reason.

I installed the busybox package from repo and uninstalled busybox-static. It didn't help. Then, I uninstalled busybox again and put back busybox-static, and the error message was gone in the busybox shell, but I was still dropped into it. I am pretty sure that this has something to do with initramfs, but I can't get what it is.

Any ideas on how to get the manual procedure from above (comment #15: https://trisquel.info/en/forum/grub-cryptsetup-not-booting-after-kernel-update#comment-40635) automatically run at boot?