You're welcome and good to hear that's fixed!

The method to my madness was first to notice the error message mentioned Liberation sans bold which I knew to be a font. Then I searched my disk for Liberation to find the corresponding file and then I searched the packages to see which one this file came out from.

Don't know too much about SSDs but at least on a HDD if you've got large files you've bittorrented home, check their integrity. If you notice that many files are 99% percent intact, that could be an indicator of disk problems. (small scattered errors creeping up, bittorrent will notice that nicely) Besides that check the SMART parameters but only trust those if they say you do have a problem...

I never heard of somebody regretting they made backups! I had a disk die on me, it was painful and I don't recommend the experience to anybody.