I've just researched this and it is true, that configuration leaked from the build server's own configuration, which it's used during the build process for the iso image.

The resolv.conf file is emptied in the clean-up process for the image, but apparently recent versions of the avahi-daemon make a copy of that file when installed, and those settings are used as a fallback from that point on. Those servers should in any case be queried only if the nameserver set by dhclient (the one the router suggests) fails to resolve the request.

I'm adding those files (/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/*) to the clean-up process so newly produced images will not have that fallback. I'll be spinning new images both for Trisquel and for the FSF membership card during the weekend.