I have been waiting for the Minitube 2.1 sources, which fix the VEVO bug, to be posted. However, when I went to the site for the Ubuntu Software Center, which has the latest 2.1.2 binary release of Mintube, it lists the licence as proprietary. This is perplexing, but can anyone confirm or deny this? If it is based on older Minitube code, isn't it even impossible as per the GPL for it to be made non-Free?

I hope it is just a matter of delay in getting the code up, and that Ubuntu Software Center is wrong about the license.

Reference: https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/minitube-ubuntu/