I used a LOT of the suggestions in this thread to help change the way I get movies and television shows to watch at home. Not wanting to use proprietary software anymore and especially not Netflix, I had to find better sources. Since the end result of my search has been pretty conclusive, I wrote an article about home theater for my website: http://webspace.webring.com/people/me/ericxdu/Pages/homent.html

I'm considering using some of the info to add to the Trisquel wiki. I'm not sure how useful it would be in that context, though.