Hi there,

I'm new in Trisquel and today I tried to install Trisquel 4.0 LTS in a legacy Thinkpad laptop.

I used netinstall and things went pretty well that the installer can detect and use my IBM WLAN card out of box. Netinstall finished successfully whereas I found the WLAN card not being detected after rebooting to the newly-installed system.

In other systems including Linux distros, MS Windows, and even the net installer of Trisquel, this wireless card can be detected and used. However I cannot make it work in Trisquel as an installed one.

lspci gives no information about this card, but iwconfig and ifconfig give eth0 as a wireless connection. Now I cannot detect any hotspot or establish a connection manually. So it is a little confusing for me. No idea where the problem lies.

Anyone has idea over this? Thank you a lot!