I'm trying to install NetBeans from the installer offered on their website. (I tried installing it from the repositories, but when I tried to create a new project I was greeted with a menu that never stopped loading.) If you get a few steps into the installation, it wants you to specify a Java Development Kit, but none of the offered options seem to work; there's always an error message "The installer could not find a compatible JDK installation, specify it manually."

What is the path to the IcedTea JDK binaries? Can the installer be satisfied, or would I have to install the proprietary version of the JDK for it to detect one?