Yes- it's a possibility. I think we would need to bring some people to help with such a campaign though. There would be a lot of research that would need to go into it. But... if we did for a moment do that research, figure out what it would take exactly, and raise those funds I'm not sure there would be enough people actually interested to make it happen. People are too finicky when it comes to these things.

I think at a bare minimum we would need to raise would be around $250,000 USD. That is probably 400 or so people willing to shell out $1,000 USD for a sub-par (compared to x86) system.

What incentive could we offer them that would offset the high price-low spec of the hardware?