Your arguments do make me doubt the "free" label of Debian... (And, I agree that, for the reasons you stated, it cannot be described as "fully free".)

Although, I can also understand that, even it the purpose of such a distro is to not use non-free software, it may be a good idea, for practical reasons, and for the people who need to use such software, to collect all the compatible non-free software, in the versions that are compatible with a specific distro, in one place. And, which better persons to do it, than the ones responsible for such a distro?

Isn't it better to have a "trustworthy" repository for such non-free programs (as far as that can be said for proprietary software, that is), than to let some other unknown people create one (and, possibly, fill it with malware)?

Some people *do* need to use non-free software. So, what should that people do? Migrate to a whole non-free OS?

(It's better to have some freedom, than to have none, in my opinion...)

Were will you be making such a blog post? I'm interested in reading more about this...