Nevertheless, we shouldn't stretch the term this way.
For instance, if you apply freedom 3 to the hardware and change the blueprint, the hardware is still the same. In fact we're talking about "free hardware documentation" but we call it "free hardware". If you change the source code of a program, you really changed the program. If you copied the program, you really copied it. If you changed the "source code" of the hardware, nothing happened to the thing we actually call "free". I see the danger of applying the term just for everything vaguely connected to the original idea. With this, you can go on and build a "free house" (again blueprints as source code) or make a "free party" where everyone is allowed to adopt the whole way of organization for his own party and is allowed to use the list of food and drinks....