Greetings ladies and gentlemen, I'm trying to avoid Virtualbox because non-free compilers is now required. Well, I knew that Oracle was not trustworthy.

Now I'm trying to use qemu for my emulation but the results are not as good as I think it would. Slow performance even with the raw format. Specially when I run ReactOS (I need Windows for using some programs in the university and I want to try to stay as much "free as in freedom" as I can).

Please, do you know if it is possible to improve qemu's performance?
The command I'm running to emulate ReactOS is (with the help of aqemu):

/usr/bin/qemu -monitor stdio -smp 2 -cpu coreduo -soundhw es1370 -M pc -k es -enable-kvm -m 2005 -localtime -cdrom /home/user/VirtualMachines/ReactOS-BootCD.iso -hda realization -boot once=d,menu=off -net none -alt-grab -name "reactos" -net user -net nic,model=ne2k_pci

The "-net nic,model=ne2k_pci" and "-net user" options is something I added because it's the only way I've found to activate ReactOS internet connection.